The Agilent 5973 Inert MSD Version G2578A is in great shape. It can be bought as used or refurbished system.
5973 Inert series
The 5973 Mass Spec Detector is designed for use with the Agilent 6890 Series Gas Chromatograph. The 5973 series GC-MSDs are reliable, rugged, and last. They are suited to both qualitative and quantitative analysis by either electron ionization (EI) or chemical ionization (CI). Performance is affected by the size of vacuum pump fitted - some early models were shipped with a diffusion version, while later versions were fitted with 2 sizes of turbo pump (Edwards or Pfeiffer).
The Agilent 5973 MSD is a stand-alone capillary GC detector. Tuning programs adjust voltages in the ion source, calibrate mass assignments, and control the scanning of the analyzer. The 5973 MSDs are compact and require no cooling water or compressed air. Each instrument includes a short GC interface (< 20 cm), an independently heated electron impact ion source, a metalized gold quadrupole mass filter, a long-life off-axis HED (high-energy dynode) detector with a replaceable snap-in horn and an electronics module.
- The 5973 inert MSD is a stand-alone capillary GC detector
- The 5973 inert Mass Selective Detector (MSD) is designed for use with the 6890 Series Gas Chromatograph.
The MSD features:
- Control panel for locally monitoring and operating the MSD
- One of two different high vacuum pumps
- Rotary vane foreline pump
- Independently heated electron-ionization ion source
- Independently heated hyperbolic quadrupole mass filter
- High-energy dynode (HED) electron multiplier detector
- Independently heated GC/MSD interface
- Chemical ionization (EI/PCI/NCI) model available
- The serial number label displays a product number that tells what kind of MSD you have.
Mass Selective Detector contains:
- Agilent G2578A – Standard Turbo High Vacuum Pump
- Agilent G2579A – Performance Turbo High Vacuum Pump
- Agilent G2589A – Performance Turbo High Vacuum Pump