The 5975 Series MSD (G3174A) is a stand-alone capillary GC detector for use with an Agilent Series Gas Chromatograph
The MSD G3174A features:
- Local Control Panel (LCP) for locally monitoring and operating the MSD
- One of three different high vacuum pumps
- Rotary vane foreline pump
- Independently MSD heated electron-ionization ion source
- Independently MSD heated hyperbolic quadrupole mass filter
- High-energy dynode (HED) electron multiplier detector
- Independently GC heated GC/MSD interface
- Chemical ionization (EI/PCI/NCI) modes available
|High vacuum pump||Performance turbo|
|Optimal He column flow mL/min||1 to 2|
|Maximum recommended gas flow mL/min*||4|
|Maximum gas flow, mL/min†||6.5|
|Max column id||0.53 mm (30 m)|
|DIP‡ capability (3rd party)||Yes|
* Total gas flow into the MSD: column flow plus reagent gas flow (if applicable).
† Expect degradation of spectral performance and sensitivity.
‡ Direct insertion probe.
Source: Agilent 5975 Series MSD Operation Manual