Labrecycling recently purchased an Agilent GC/MS with a CombiPal. It is a 7890A GC wth Agilent 5975C Inert MSD and a
Combipal Autosampler with:
- SPME Fiber Cleaning and Conditioning Station
- SPME mode
- Injector and heater module for headspace sampling
- The 5th-generation electronic pneumatics control (EPC) and digital electronics set a new benchmark for retention time locking (RTL) precision and help make the 7890A Agilent’s most dependable GC ever.
- Faster oven cool down, robust backflush capability, advanced automation features and faster GC/MS oven ramps let you get more done in less time, at the lowest possible cost per sample—all easily incorporated into your existing method.
- Highly flexible EPC design enables even more sophisti- cated hydrocarbon analyses. An optional 3rd detector (TCD) can speed up complex gas analyses and allows more types of analyses to be run on a single GC.
- Powerful, chromatographer-friendly software simplifies method setup and system operation and minimizes training time. Practical, time-saving design features speed up and simplify routine maintenance.
This GC contains:
- Double FID
Agilent 5975C Inert MSD with Triple -Axis Detector
The Agilent 5975C inert MSD with Triple-Axis Detector gives innovative design features to boost lab’s productivity and advanced analytical capabilities that enhance your results and your confidence. In addition to delivering better MS resolution and the lowest mass deviation available, the system offers superior sensitivity and spectral integrity.
The CombiPAL autosampler makes sample processing simple and transparent. This autosampler meets today’s laboratory equip- ment requirements for speed, flexibility and precision. The CombiPAL GC sample injection system combines liquid, headspace and SPME injection in one single instrument. This capability allows quick switching from one application to another on the same GC workstation. Regardless if your samples are processed in headspace, liquid or SPME mode, or if your method requires split/splitless or on column injection, your new instrument setup is ready in a few minutes. The CombiPAL provides powerful working capabilities, an investment that grows with your expanding needs.
In liquid injection mode, every injection step (fill/inject speed, pre- and post-injection delay times, pre- and post-injection cleaning, or vari- able needle penetration depths) is individually controlled through your choice of Agilent ChemStation software for GC and GC/MSD systems.
Large-volume injection allows you to inject samples up to 500 μL without the usual degra- dation in chromatographic performance. Using the capability to inject larger volumes, you can eliminate the need to concentrate a sample through evaporation. This can translate into substantial time savings. For low-volume samples, the fast injection speed minimizes needle discrimination and reduces background interference, which means better results with less work. The fast injection cycle time, together with the nanoliter injection mode, fits perfectly into the field of fast GC applications.