Waters Acquity UPLC H-Class Quaternary Solvent Manager
The Waters Acquity Quaternary solvent Manager (QSM) is a high-pressure pump that can simultaneously pump four degassed solvents through the Acquity UPLC H-Class system. The pump can deliver gradients in eleven curve shapes (linear, two step, four convex, 4 concave).
- A gradient proportioning valve (GPV), to dynamically blend solvent sin any specified combination. The GPV produces predictable gradient segments regardless of solvent compressibility and system backpressure. Solvent selection and proportioning occur on the low-pressure (intake) side of the solvent delivery system, and solvents continue to blend under high pressure in each piston chamber.
- An integrated degasser that operates up to the maximum flow rate, with an independent channel for each solvent and an additional channel to accommodate the sample manager – flow through needle (SM-FTN) purge solvent.
- An automatic, programmable, seal wash. The pump’s wash plungers function prevents the build-up of precipitates on the pump plungers by washing them with seal wash solvent at user-specified intervals.
- An electronically controlled intelligent intake valve (i2 Valve), to speed system priming and reduce startup times. The i2 Valve minimizes solvent flow disturbances in the inlet lines by closely synchronizing the valve performance with pump operation
- A vent valve that automatically switches to waste for priming and rapid solvent changeover.